Arcade games have become so famous in the year 1980’s. Mostly, the games that are present today are just the enhanced version of the games that were created before.
During that time, many enjoyed the arcade games. There are so many arcade games in the 80’s that are still famous until now.
Here are some of the most famous arcade games of the 80’s:
• Battlezone (Atari Inc) it was the first arcade that feature 3D environment. The citizens of the US were so impressed about this particular game.
In fact, the Armed Forces of United States got the idea of tanks training from this particular arcade.
• Berserk (Universal Research Laboratory) was the first game with speaking characters. The people became so curious about this game. DEvelopment costs were really expensive, because of the digitalization of 30 words!
And in fact many games on the market today are just expanded versions of this old arcade game.
• Defender (Williams Electronics) it was a member of VIDEOTOPIA and was made by Eugene Jarvis. It was the first arcade game that has made a great hit among the games produced by Williams Electronics.
It became so famous because of being the first arcade game featuring an artificial world. The game can be presented on the outside view as the player plays the game.
• Pac-Man (Bally/Midway) this particular game is still famous this present time. There are many versions of this game, people love playing it repeatedly.
The concept of this game is from a Japanese Folktale, it became so famous in Japan making a yen shortage. It also hit the biggest market in US.
It has become the cover of Time Magazine and appeared on the Saturday-Morning cartoon. It does not only capture the Gaming world but the music industry as well. Songs are made because of its existence.
• Missile Command (Atari Inc) another great creation of Atari aside from the famous Battlezone. It was originally called Armageddon. It caught the attention of many people of the US because it features a clear reflection of the nuclear conflict in the US. It became so famous that more than 100 arcade games were created.
• Gorf (Bally/Midway) a very different shoot and slide game compared to other games. It was the first games to offer different environment on stage-by-stage presentation. It is also one of the talking arcade games.
• Donkey Kong (Nintendo Ltd.) it was one among the first arcade games with whimsical storyline. It is a story about a giant ape that became curious on a female human. It is also named “Jumpman” which is now known by the name of Mario.
• Centipede (Atari Inc) the first arcade game designed by a woman. It was the first colorful arcade that attracts more female players than male arcade players.
• Tempest (Atari Inc) it was the first game produced by Atari that features color vector display. It also features 3D graphics and was inspired by the dream of the designer.
• Quantum (Atari Inc) it was designed by an outside company, which was based on the quantum mechanics.
• Star Wars (Atari Inc) it also became so famous in the US. It also Feature 3D environment and characters as well.
It originally uses a joystick; one among the first arcade games which uses it.
These are the famous arcade games of the 80’s. If you want to get hold of the above classic games, you can try visiting some websites that offer download of these classic games.
Have fun and enjoy the gaming adventure!